Update: PLAGUE SYSTEM IS LIVE!

Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Update: PLAGUE SYSTEM IS LIVE!

Postby Brother Floyd » Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 pm

After months of toil Brother Franklin has emerged from his cave to deliver unto us all the new plague system!

Currently active in game, the addition did not require an update to the Weed Farmer app. Version 1.031 is still the current issue of the game.

To learn more about the plague system, checkout the new growing guide at weed-farmer.com

http://www.weed-farmer.com/guide_to_plagues.html

Lots more content is on the way. Thank you all for sticking with us as we fought off pirates, made the game available for tablets, rewrote the complete log in system, fixed a few hundred minor bugs (with still some on the list). Right now we are looking at upgrading the chat with multiple rooms and empower each player with the ability to ignore other players they do not with to read the chat of.
kaxxxboom
Green Gleaner

Re: Update: PLAGUE SYSTEM IS LIVE!

Postby kaxxxboom » Tue May 10, 2011 12:44 am

Does this mean gizmos are working?
cipperomerlo
Leaf Laborer

Postby cipperomerlo » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 am

This morning I found ALL my flowering plants affected by every kind of plague, yeld and quality at 0%, and, as I remember, every plague resistance icon disappeared.
:(
You're trying to destroy myself!!!! :o
Is this a bug related to the introduction of plague system in existing grows or an intentional behaviour?

Edit: Ok, I'm sorry, I read the plague guide and I understand why yeld and quality are now 0%, and why no icons are presents, but it was a bad surprise, it'not good to see such a decrease after 1 night as a surprise..........
Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Brother Floyd » Tue May 10, 2011 1:33 pm

cipperomerlo wrote:This morning I found ALL my flowering plants affected by every kind of plague, yeld and quality at 0%, and, as I remember, every plague resistance icon disappeared.
:(
You're trying to destroy myself!!!! :o
Is this a bug related to the introduction of plague system in existing grows or an intentional behaviour?

Edit: Ok, I'm sorry, I read the plague guide and I understand why yeld and quality are now 0%, and why no icons are presents, but it was a bad surprise, it'not good to see such a decrease after 1 night as a surprise..........

Yup that's why it's called the plague system. Was a mass die-off at release and continuing while players with plants above their grow skill attracted much attention for the nasty effects. It was either this or Franklin and I disable everyone's ability to plant new veg and flowering plants for 48 hours.

We sent out money to all players today to act as a form of disaster relief. This should help people to transition by either downgrading to plants with difficulty levels slightly above or below their current grow skill. Or as some hardcore players are doing, growing more difficult strains of more than a few levels above their grow skill and working to tough it out with finding an affordable mix of resistances, buffs and consumables.

Return to “Archived Announcements”