NOOB WALKTHOUGH * REVISED*

Converse with other growers about your crops, cash and gear while sharing tips.
IGroDro
Shwag Sharecropper

NOOB WALKTHOUGH * REVISED*

Postby IGroDro » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am

*Due to the recent NERFING of the game this post has been altered*
***Nerfing - to make a strong item(s) weaker or worth less ***
Hanging out in the Chatroom it seems that most new people do not read ( or in most cases expect everything to be handed out to them without doing any grunt work) the "how to" guide, or have questions about the best way to start ( something the how to guide does not mention) THE FIRST PART is the about the easiest way to start what to buy ect the second part will be an explanation of why and the third will give you the basic formula of the game. REMEMBER THIS. this game is about long term investment not short term gain. In a month half the people on the leaderboards wont be there.

*DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FUCK UPS THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE USING THIS GUIDE. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS A GUIDE NOT SOME TOP SECRET SHIT. i just happened to be nice enough to take some time out to help explain the shit

* REVISON*

As a noob the biggest issue is money. Money in this game does not flow as freely as one would like. You start out with 1000 dollars....*KEEP IT...DO NOT BUY FERT DO NOT BUY GIZMOS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT A SEEEDLING TRAY AND GERMINATION TRAY AND 4 SEEDS OF SKUNK 7!!!* You also get 10 seeds of dirtweed. Put those in your germinating tray let the sprout. put 6 of them in you seedling tray and let them vegatate. DO NOT BUY ANY GIZMOS!!! ONLY USE the items given to you. wait out your dirtweed and sell it. Plant two more dirt weed seeds and 2 skunk 7 seeds. the dirtweed will not get plagues the skunk 7 will but with only MINOR DAMAGE. Grow the dirtweed out again and ONLY SPENDING ENOUGH TO KEEP THE SKUNK 7 FREE OF BUGS WATER AND FUNGUS. At the very end when your skunk hits 100% use ANY LEFT OVER MONEY on FERT A to INCREASE YOUR YIELD ( and your payday) ONE PLANT AT A TIME!!! sell that plant take the cash do the same for the next ect. what you are doing is using the chance of increasing yield that fert a gives you to your favor. by waiting till the end (95% - 100% completion) to get rid of the fert plague you are increasing your odds MAJORLY on increasing your yield.

Explanation. In theory every 5 uses of Fert A increases your yield by +-10%. each time you use Fert A the more of a chance you have of your NEXT USE INCREASING YOUR YIELD. Since the increase is random, by waiting till the end where you will repeatedly using Fert A vs Using Fert A here and there, your are INCREASING the odds that the random increases happen more often.

Now that you have a decent return on your investment go ahead and buy a few gizmos of your choice. *see my other post about equipment and gizmos* http://www.weedfarmerforum.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=350 or save your cash and do the process above all over again. the choice is yours!

Plagues Explained

the pill - not enough fert. buy one or 2 fert A from the grow store go back to the infected plant click the fert bag then click the plant. if you keep on top of it you will only need one or two if you negelct you may need more

the faucet - click the water bottle then your plant costs you a buck but who cares

the insect - buy one or two sprays click the infected plant ect same as above

the red plant - buy one or two of the fungacide click the plant ect same as above

I cant stress the importance of buying only what you need. money is scarce when you first start so buying just enough to survive is critical.

basic starting tips that have worked best for me personally

GS level 1-2.5 grow skunk 7 with little issue

GS level 2.5 - 3.5 grow northern lights.

At this point Northern lights is gonna be your cash cow. Decent grow time Nice yeilds or 5/6 oz a plant at 150 an oz.

Ferts Explained ***Due to the recent nerfing of the plants worth. it is not profitible to invest heavily in ferts as the total cost per oz per plant has decreased by almost half***

Fert A increases Yield. it is the cheapest fert available and increases the yield which will make you more money.

Fert B increases Quality. better quality nets you a higher price per oz but i havent noticed a change in price on the sell screen possible future addition?*** The brothers have confirmed that quality will soon be reflected in sale price in the weed market. right now it works but is not shown.***note*** while quality gets you a higher price per oz i have not yet had enough time to construct a formula for quality. i am currently working on it.

Fert C DECREASES Grow Time but is also the most expensive....dont use it...for now.

Focus your funds on increasing your yield.

Game time Explained

This is for the noob that actually asked the question "What does 30 minutes real time = 24 hours in game time mean?"
For every 30 minutes that passes in real time ( you know half hour? 30 complete 12 to 12 cycles of the minute hand on your work clock, 30 cycles of 00 to 00 on your watch, the time it took me to write this damned walk through that you OBVIOUSLY failed to read), 24 hours pass in game time.

Plant Cycle Explained

Using dirtweed as an example
4 game days (2 hours) to germinate
8 game days (4 hours) to sprout
48 game days (24 hours) to flower
total time 59 game days (30 hours) for complete cycle
you get roughly 4-6 oz of weed you can sell for 100 bux an oz
***Different seeds have different times depending on quality, growskill level ect. some are faster some are shorter some produce higher/lower oz-per-plants

In Closing

This Article will be frequently updated to ensure that NEWBS have a decent start. The only thing i Ask is that you read and take the minor advice that I am giving with a grain of salt. Some of you will be sucessful others will not. This game is built on mathmatical formulas, and randomly generated events. Being such there is NO SURE FIRE WAY to come up with a walkthrough that will hit its mark 100% of the time.

~ IGroDro

**this will be updated regularly as i have started a test account to test formulas, setups, and strands
** the chat room is full of people that say they have had sucess growing g13 which is 1000/oz.....unless you have bankroll DO NOT DO IT. every time the game updates your plants ( every 30 minutes) your gonna get a plague
Last edited by IGroDro on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Put this in your bong and RIP IT!
Mister420
Leaf Laborer

Re: NOOB WALKTHOUGH

Postby Mister420 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Great post bro
Herb73
Leaf Laborer

Postby Herb73 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Nice post
Tigas
Green Gleaner

Postby Tigas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 am

Thanks for this :wfgreenthumb:
mrgspott
Leaf Laborer

Postby mrgspott » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

great way to start the game!
TheOnion
Cannabis Clodhopper

Re: NOOB WALKTHOUGH * REVISED*

Postby TheOnion » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:08 pm

noob questions answered.

Last edited by TheOnion on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Brother Floyd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

TheOnion wrote:Sorry for the noob questions below but I have searched and cannot find the answer.

Will any full grown weed go bad? I would assume no because germinated seeds and seedlings don't.

If I harvest weed and leave it unsold will it go bad? Again, I would assume no, but never read an official answer.

Thanks.

Plants and harvests will not decrease in value or die if left alone after completing their current stage of growth. This we feel keeps the game fun for even the players who do not log in every day.
Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Brother Floyd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Great walk-through. Thanks for making it IGroDro. Always good to have a different prospective explaining how the basics work.
IGroDro
Shwag Sharecropper

Postby IGroDro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:56 am

no prob man. I appreciate ya takin the time to read it sand given feed back.....probably isnt the best walkthrough but hey least its a place to start
Put this in your bong and RIP IT!
Tigas
Green Gleaner

Postby Tigas » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:09 am

So only fix plants for problems on last % of the grow is that?

Nice guide again ;)

Return to “Weed Farmer Discussion”