"How do YOU grow?" Chapter ONE. New Player Help!

Converse with other growers about your crops, cash and gear while sharing tips.
Charvel
Bud Breeder

"How do YOU grow?" Chapter ONE. New Player Help!

Postby Charvel » Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 am

Due to Sig line limitations my lists of drop items have been moved to here.

What do plants drop - TRIMMING
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68268

What do plants drop - SALES
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68280

Now the start of my book.......

--------------------------

Weed Farmer, the game. I have spent more hours playing this game than any other game on my phone. It started with WFC (Weed Farmer Classic), and on August 15, 2012 Weed Farmer Overgrown was released. I have done something everyday in these games for over two years now. Still to this day, the best and most enjoyment I receive from WFO is at the start. WFO is very complex compared to WFC and has many things to look forward to. But, you need to plan for upcoming things that you don’t know about as a first time player. This book is going to follow one of my start-ups for how ever long it takes to maximize everything. It will be a long but continued process, as this is a secondary play name. My first screen name is still my main play. It gets first priority and all of my weed bucks. (this is the last time “weed bucks” will be spelled this way. I prefer weedbux)
This new secondary screen name may sit frozen for days, but I will get back to it when I have time to write and take notes. My plan is to write and post in chapters. My goal is to open the games options up to noobies and expand your game experience.

GETTING STARTED

Welcome to Weed Farmer Classic!
Heres the scenario:

You just purchased the game, you just opened it for the first time, and you have no clue. You hit “START GAME”, it takes you to your nickname page. You hit the “ADD” button and a pop up hits your screen…. “Weed Farmer Nickname Error”.
WTF? You tap ok and read the name box… it says “Touch to Add”. Now we are on our way…. Pick yourself a screen name for each of the three. There is not much to do in the beginning and playing three names is plenty easy.

KEY OPTIONS : Playing three names will get virtually impossible in the future. By playing three at the start, you have a choice in the future to pick your best performing screen name for continuing main play.

Editors’ note: this book will only be following 2 screen names due to a main screen name in progress.

I hope you find my efforts helpful !

Chapter one
Getting into the grow room

So, the first thing you want to do is get some seeds in the dirt. Here is a link to a strains guide from WFC. Its no longer exact, but for what I use it for, it still is. Bookmark it or save and print it, whatever your style.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68303

Look at the “BASE YEILD” column. This shows you how many ounces each plant will give you at harvest if you do nothing. Big Pinecone will give 4oz. All others are two or three. My personal choice is Big Pinecone for my first several grows.

KEY INFO: You will receive sales “drops” at random when you sell. The more ounces you have to sell, the more chances you will have to get these drops.

My two screen names are Model2 and Model3. For now BOTH WILL BE EXACT.

So I tap on Model2 and I am taken to “THE STREET” page. On the right hand side of the screen just below the centerline there are 3 seeds with what appears to be the three arrow recycling symbol. I tap that to go to the “SEED EXCHANGE”. Im selling all ten of the game start up Dirtweed seeds. Tap the Dirtweed in the lower half of the screen twice to bring up a menu. I enter the 10 and tap sell.
I tap twice on Big Pinecone to purchase 12 seeds in the same manner.
You should have $974 left.

Now back to the street…
In the upper left hand side of the screen there is an icon of a growing plant. Tap this and it takes you to “MY FARM” with a series of icons that we will cover later.
For now, you want the seeds that you see at the top left of the nine icons. This takes you to “GERMINATION TRAYS”. Tap the Big Pinecone to choose it, then tap the starter squares to plant them. Plant all 12.

KEY INFO: Now its time to do the same for the other screen names.

Now that I have all of my screen names seeds planted, it is time to work on grow rooms. You need a Light, a water pump, and a reservoir, in each grow room.
Go back to the strain guide spreadsheet and look at the “LIGHT / WATER USED” column. This tells you the amount of light and water levels needed to grow the strain. Big Pinecone is 2/1. To grow four plants you need 8/4 (eight light, four water).

From the Street screen, I tap the light bulb on the left of the side middle of the screen to take me to the “GROW STORE”. On the UPPER half, I scroll down to “Metal Halide 8” and purchase it. I can see the given Metal Halide 4 on the lower screen, I tap it, and sell it.

Back to the street screen… Back to the My Farm page.
The upper right hand icon of the plant leaf and flower bud takes you to the “GROW ROOM”. The right side of the screen is for lights and water control, the left side is for gizmos. (more on gizmos later).
Tap the upper right square on the screen with a light bulb. The “Gear Selector” page came up. Tap your light. Do the same for water pump and reservoir.
Above the gizmo column you see a yellow 0/8. This is your “used / have” light meter. Above the light and water column you see a blue 0/10. This is your “used / have” water meter. I have never figured out why there is a water multiplier, But it has always been like this. And the bigger your setup, the more it multiplies.

I don’t ever like running out of stuff. Mostly plants. I have forgotten to plant seedlings after a harvest and replant. It sucks when you find out you only have two plants ready for the grow room when it is empty. I bought those twelve seeds for this reason alone. Now Im going to add to that by purchasing one more seedling tray so I can plant a total of twelve seedlings when the time comes. This is enough for three grows this early on. So, go to the grow store and scroll down the top half menu until you find the trays. (do you remember how to get there? It’s the light bulb on the street).
Purchase one “SEEDLING TRAY”. Do not buy the “Germination Tray”. We will do that much later.

KEY OPTIONS: Do you spend money? Do you save money? – YOUR CHOICE
You will need some for fertilizer, water, and plant remedies. Don’t spend it all!

At this 1.0 Skill level, I know that Big Pinecone will be having some fungus issues. Im going to combat this with a gizmo in the room.

Back to the Street screen…
Tap the “S-MART” icon to take you to the S-mart. I purchase one “BLOWER TWO” gizmo. This is going to reduce the chance of getting a Fungus Plague in the grow room by 10%. To install this in the grow room just tap any of the squares in the left side screen gizmo column. The menu will pop up as before with your light. Tap it, and its in your room.

KEY INFO: Now its time to do the same for the other screen names.

Cuz now all we can do is wait for the seeds to grow……………….

Its been awhile…around a few hours, Im going to check and see if the seedlings are ready.

To the “MY FARM” page. The top center icon with the sprout leaves and the seedling leaf takes you to the “SEEDLING TRAYS”. Tap it. If you purchased the extra seedling tray, you should see “TRAY 1 / 2”. If the lower half of the screen has nothing in it, the seeds are not ready yet. Like mine…. Keep waiting.

Sometime later….
Ok, This check I have Big Pinecone showing in the bottom of the screen. Seeds are ready. To plant, just tap the lower screen and choose a seedling cup above and tap that for each seed. Plant all twelve seedlings. That’s it. Seedlings are planted. Its back to waiting…

……and this is a longer wait. I don’t know how long it takes, but that’s some of the fun. Watch them grow. You will learn the general “about” time witch is all I need.

Much, much later…..
To the “MY FARM” page again. This time you want the upper right icon of the nine icons. Tap the seedling and flower.
If you see your Big Pinecone in the lower half, your seedlings are ready. If not, check back later. Mine are there.

I tap the Pinecone, and tap one of the corners of the grow room. Its planted. Its tiny, but look hard and its there. Plant the other three. Tap on one of your newly planted seedlings and this takes you to the plant detail screen. This is where you care for your plants. You will feed them, trim them, cure them, and harvest them here.

This is a game of choices. So far this has gotten your plants into the grow room. Im sure you have looked at everything while you were waiting to get this far. You are encouraged to play as you wish. My only advice this early on is to watch your money.

I choose to do nothing at all. I check back about 24 hours later. In the plant detail screen, it tell me the plants are 100% complete. They are finished growing.

Im starting in MODEL2 room. I see red dots next to the plants. These are telling me I have some plagues to fix. In the Plant Detail screen I see that I have insect and water deficiencies. I have 1 plant with no plagues witch means no added costs. I will harvest it first. But first, to the GROW STORE to buy fertilizer. In the grow store I buy 4 bags of Fert B and 1 bag of Fert A. I have $4 left. I go back to the PLANT DETAIL screen of my healthiest plant. To fertilize, I tap the bag of fert with the “Q” on it first, then start tapping the plant until the fert runs out or the plant burns. It burned on the 4th bag. I can do no more. Quality % is up to 162%. This is where I decide what transplant bonus I want. Planting in the black pots will add 10% to quality. Personally I want this for my first few grows. I do like to add Fert A and transplant into Perlite, but that’s later on. So I tap the black pot and then tap the plant. Now Im at 172% quality. To harvest, I tap the scissors and tap the plant. DONE! I tap the back button. I tap the Weed Market. I have 4oz at $172 per oz.

Remember me mentioning sales drops? This is where you get them. Sell only 1oz at a time. This gives you 4 chances for a drop instead of 1 chance for a 4oz sale. My third sale produced a Sodium Bulb. My current total is now $692 plus the bulb. I go to the S-MART and tap the COMPONENT tab. The bulb is worth $50. I sell it. Now I have $742.

I check the other 3 plants to see what I have to cure. 2 plants only have 1 water deficiencies each, (harvest them next) and add 1 insect plague to the plant that I will harvest last.

So back in the grow store I purchase 12 bags of Fert B for $720 and go back to my next plant. To cure my water problem, I tap the Water Spray Bottle and tap the plant to cure. Each spray costs $1. I tap the Fert B for quality and start tapping the plant. 193% quality. NICE! Transplant to black pot and now its 203%. I wish I had some burn salve to cure the burn and add a little yield. That’s in the next Chapter! Harvest the plant and back to the Weed Market. 4oz at $203. Sell 1 oz at a time. First sale = a Table Saw. No more drops. I will NOT SELL the saw. $833 total.

Go back to the grow store for another 12 bags of Fert B and repeat for the next plant. For me this was an exact copy of the first plant. 4oz at $172. 2nd sale dropped a Lathe. No more drops. The Lathe is $1000. I sell it. $1800 total.

To find out how much insect spray I need I go back to the plant detail screen. I tap the little inset picture of the flower bud to open the complete details of the plant. I see that I only have 1 infestation. I only buy 1 insect spray. I see I have 8 Fert B and 5 Fert A. Im not going to buy fert and see what happens. In the plant detail screen tap the bug spray and tap the plant to cure. I tap the water sprayer and cure the 1 water deficiency. The plant burned on the eighth bag of Fert B at 224%. Add Black pot for a total of 234%. I harvest. 2nd sale = a Power Drill. 3rd sale = another power drill. I sell them both. I sell the 5 bags of fert A that I still have.
The bottom line is $3055 when finished.

Model3 room. I do exactly as above starting with 4 bags of fert B and 5 bags of Fert A. My first plant ate them all. 172% quality after transplant and 130% yield. This is a super good start. I got an extra oz. 5oz at $172. 1st sale = Jig Saw. 5th sale = Lathe. Really good start. I sell them. $1989 total. I did the same for the other plants, just like above.
The bottom line is $3881.

So there is a record of my first grow. This completes chapter one.
Chapter 2 will cover Trimming Drops, crafting a burn remedy, and Weedbux.
Stay Tuned!
:gold leaf:
Feel free to use my referral code QAUYHSEV to receive in game bonus weed bucks!

How Do You Grow? Chapter ONE

How Do You Grow? Chapter TWO

Due to signature limitations I have moved drop items lists to my new book.
Out2lunch
Griffa Grower

Re: "How do YOU grow?" Chapter ONE. New Player Help!

Postby Out2lunch » Mon May 06, 2013 1:09 am

Woo good read there. I already picked up a new tip about not transplanting till after getting, I have to say on over 2 years of playing I hadn't thought to do it.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

:hippie:
Referral Code FMYNFRHY gain bonus' now!

Overgrown What plants drop
Strains Guide

Beta Devices - Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy S3

Support@weed-farmer.com
mhasan
Herb Harvester

Postby mhasan » Mon May 06, 2013 4:40 am

Almost forgotten about WFC. Need to check again
Use My Referral Code: SWKCVNSH
Galaxy Nexus JB 4.2.2
:rasta: :rasta: :rasta:
Charvel
Bud Breeder

Postby Charvel » Sat May 11, 2013 10:59 pm

bump above the damn spam bots!!!!!

Charvel
Bud Breeder

Postby Charvel » Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

Bump above spam

Jonnyatwork
Green Gleaner

Postby Jonnyatwork » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 am

thx for this awsome guide

referral : KKHSFOAN
BongSmoker
Shwag Sharecropper

Postby BongSmoker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 pm

And as a reward for your guides which helped me with a couple of tips I wasn't aware of I used your code, Thanks! :bong2:

looking forward to Ch3 :smoking3:
Please consider using my referal code EOHJLDZH to get yourself 200 Free weedbucks in game: On Main Menu -> press More -> than press referral & enter code.
(TIP: invest 50 of it on getting burn recipe to help max profits)
Thanks and enjoy your growing

Return to “Weed Farmer Discussion”