How do YOU grow? Chapter 2- more new player help

Converse with other growers about your crops, cash and gear while sharing tips.
Charvel
Bud Breeder

How do YOU grow? Chapter 2- more new player help

Postby Charvel » Sat May 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Chapter ONE

CHAPTER TWO
Expansion

Now that your up and growing, the thing to focus on is expansion. You need $20,000 for your next room plus enough money for another light, water pump, and reservoir. Simply growing and harvesting as in chapter one will take you roughly 13-14 days. However, you can shorten this time by crafting Burn Salve Liquid to cure over fertilized plants and be able to feed it more for a larger bonus. To craft the Burn Salve, you need 2 recipes plus the ingredients for each recipe. Below is the list.

Recipe = Cannibis Tincture (purchase from the CO-OP store recipe tab)

Ingredients =
Sauce Pan (purchase from the CO-OP store component tab)
Fine Metal Screen (purchase from the Grow Store component tab)
Cheap Alcohol (purchase from the Grow Store component tab)
Trimmings Grade D (receive from Trimming Drops)

Recipe = Burn Salve Liquid (purchase from Weed Bus recipe tab)

Ingredients =
Sauce Pan (you own it from the previous recipe)
Craft Seeds Grade D (receive from Trimming Drops)
Cannibis Tincture

So this brings us to the wacky world of WEEDBUX. Weedbux are a big part of WFO. Some very powerful game items are in the weed bus available for purchase. One of those is the Burn Salve Liquid Recipe. Now, you have the option to spend your weedbux in ANY active screen name, BUT you CAN NOT TRANSFER them between screen names. Also, you CAN NOT SELL them back for weedbux. If you use your weedbux for your first screen name and later on decide you like your second screen name better, there is no way to get those weedbux items back or into the second screen name. So choose wisely on where and how you spend them.

At the time of this writing, I still don’t know if a new account comes with any provided WEEDBUX. For a quick jumpstart, you can use somebody’s referral code to get a fast $200 weedbux. If a friend turned you on to this game, you should use his or hers. If you don’t have someone’s code to use, feel free to use mine that is posted in my signature line.

To do this, you begin at the Weed Farmer Overgrown start page.

Tap the “MORE” button.
On the next page, tap the “MY ACCOUNT” button and set up a unique Account Name and Password. (I set up a gmail account on my phone for the email address)
When finished, tap the “BACK TO MORE” button.
Tap the “REFERRAL” button and enter the referral code of your choice. Tap “SUBMIT”. You now have $200 weedbux!

NOTE: You can only enter one referral code. EVER. After you do this step, you can never change or enter another code.

At this point, I strongly recommend that you do not spend any weedbux until you have decided on a single screen name for your main play. It is up to you to choose how you wish to play the game, but I have found out the hard way that spending weedbux on two screen names eventually became wasted weedbux on the secondary screen name. I really wished I had saved them for my main play name. As you will soon see, getting more weedbux is not very easy.

The two active identical screen names I started for this project has had a few grows now. So I just sold everything I possibly could in both games.

Model 2 = $9565
Model 3 = $10620

Model 3 had more sales drops witch accounts for the extra $$. So Im going to choose this one to continue to play and just delete the other.

Now Im going to spend $150 of my $200 weedbux on two important items. The Advanced Trimming Scissors and the Burn Salve recipe. You can choose to spend yours how ever you feel, but I recommend the Advanced Trimming Scissors. They work as stated in its description.

Go to “The Street” page. Right in the middle of the page is a VW Bus. This is the weed bus. Tap the weed bus. Scroll down the page to the “Advanced Trimming Scissors” and tap them. The “Buy Supplies” page comes up like in other stores. Enter “1” and tap “BUY”. Then tap the “RECIPE” tab near the bottom of the page and tap the “BURN SALVE LIQUID” that is at the top of the list. Enter “1” and tap buy. You are now done with the weed bus. Go back to the street page.

You need to purchase the rest of the required items to be fully set up. I am going to assume, that by now, you are navigating thru the game pages with ease and do not require detailed navigation instructions.

So, go to the CO-OP Store, from the recipe tab, purchase 1 Cannibis Tincture recipe.
Still in the CO-OP, from the component tab, purchase 1 Sauce Pan.
Go to the GROW STORE and from the component tab purchase 1 Fine Metal Screen and 5 Cheap Alcohol.
Still in the Grow Store, from the supply tab, SELL your STANDARD Scissors. Be DAMN SURE you DON’T SELL your Advanced Trimming Scissors. Having two scissors in your grow room only takes up space and opens the door to using the standard scissors by mistake. You will never want to use them again, so get rid of them.

You still need some plant material to craft the burn salve. This brings us to …

TRIMMING

To trim your plants its just like harvesting, except you clip them before they are done. Each plant will randomly drop items. From the Grow Room, tap on any plant. Tap on your Advanced Trimming Scissors to select, and tap the plant to trim. Its that easy. From my previous experiments, I personally believe that the older the plant, the better the chances of getting more drops. When the plants are between 87% and 99% I don’t think twice about trimming. If they are only up to the mid 80’s% or lower, I try to wait. I have trimmed at 30% before. The main thing is to get trimming done on EVERY grow. If the near future ahead of you is a time and place that you will not be able to get any game play in, like work or your cousins wedding, trim before you go. Even if its at 30%. On the other side of the percent range is the 99%. That’s dangerous. Ask me how I know…. On more than a few occasions I have harvested a plant while Trimming. The game clock ticked and the plant went from 99% to 100% before I finished and got harvested by mistake. In Chapter 1 I mentioned that I don’t transplant until I finished fertilizing. So in my case, the plant was never fertilized or transplanted and lost ALL of its possible bonuses.

Now its up to you to choose when to trim your plants. Trim them all until you overtrim on each plant. The items you need are the Trimmings Grade D and the Craft Seeds Grade D. Any other items dropped can be sold for a few extra bucks. Inside the Grow Store under the Component tab you will find your dropped items. After my trim I have 3 Trimmings Grade D and 1 Craft SEEDS Grade D, plus a couple useless others that I sold. That’s enough to try out…

CRAFTING

Now go back to the street and tap the My Farm button.
Tap on the center “C” icon to go to cooking.
Double Tap on the Cannabis Tincture Recipe and tap OK to load it.
The Icons show me my Sauce Pan 1/1, Fine Metal Screen 1/1, Cheap Alcohol 1/5, and Trimmings Grade D 1/3. If your 2nd number is 0, you need to get that item.

This is the best way I can explain the numbers: To craft 1 item -- 1st number = amount you need / 2nd number = amount you have in stock.
Again, If your 2nd number is 0, you need to get that item.

You tap the Craft button to “attempt” to craft the item. You will get some “Failed to Craft” notices. It can really suck sometimes in the beginning. But as your Cooking Skill Level goes up, so does the success rate of your crafting. I have 3 Trimmings, so I tap the Craft button 3 times. You can tap the component tab to see how much Tincture you successfully made.
(I was lucky and got all 3)

Now tap the recipe tab
Double Tap the Burn Salve Liquid recipe and tap OK to load it.
I see that I have my 3 Cannibis Tincture and 1 Craft Seeds Grade D. I tap the Craft Button and get the “FAILED TO CRAFT” notice. Oh well, no Burn Salve yet. I need more Craft Seeds. This should explain why its important to trim on EVERY grow. On the next trim I may get more seeds than trimmings. Over time, it pretty much balances out on my main screen name.

When you do successfully cook up some Burn Salve, use it wisely. First off, fertilize ALL of your plants and decide after that. Here is an example of my play style.

Scenario: 4 Big Pinecone plants, 2 Burn Salve, 30 fert A, 30 Fert B.

Plant 1: Apply Fert B, Burned in 3. ZERO bonus
Plant 2: Apply Fert B, Burned in 3. 162% Quality
Plant 3: Apply Fert B, Burned in 7. 224% Quality
Plant 4: Apply Fert B, Burned in 6. ZERO bonus

Well this is a tough one… Decisions, decisions.
Choices are many. Do you use 1 burn salve on each of the ZERO plants? Or do you apply to the others and go for a larger bonus to offset the zeros. Do you want to go for any yield bonuses? I think a safe bet is trying to up the zero plants quality. Odds are, the plant wont zero twice in a row. But Im a gambler…

Plant 2: Apply Burn Salve, Apply Fert B …. Got to 224% matching plant 3 and stopped. Apply Fert A, when it burned … have 130% Yield.
Plant 3: Apply Burn Salve, Apply Fert A …. Burned in 7, 145% Yield.

Plant 1: Transplant into Black Pot --- Final Take = 110% Quality 100% Yield
Plant 2: Transplant into Perlite --- Final Take = 224% Quality 140% Yield
Plant 3: Transplant into Perlite --- Final Take = 224% Quality 155% Yield
Plant 4: Transplant into Black Pot --- Final Take = 110% Quality 100% Yield

Now, If I had any more Burn Salve, I would focus on getting 224% Quality on plants 1 and 4. But I don’t and I wont buy it at $500 a pop in the CO-OP.

Selling Plants Individually---

Plant 1: --- Final Take = $110 x 4oz = $440
Plant 2: --- Final Take = $224 x 5oz = $1120
Plant 3: --- Final Take = $224 x 6oz = $1344
Plant 4: --- Final Take = $110 x 4oz = $440

$3344 total

Selling All Plants as a Group---

(Plants are not done…. I have to stop. Final numbers edited in later)

The title of this chapter was EXPANSION. And your correct, I didn’t talk about it. Hopefully the bold print gets you to focus on it. Now its just grow and get the bonus percentages up as much as possible. If you want less grow times, $2400 for 3 Co2 gizmos will stack up and start your plants off at 31%. Its up to you, the more you spend, the longer it takes to get to $20,000.

Chapter 3 will be… Buying your 2nd grow room, fixing overtrim, and….I don’t know yet!
:gold leaf:
Feel free to use my referral code QAUYHSEV to receive in game bonus weed bucks!

How Do You Grow? Chapter ONE

How Do You Grow? Chapter TWO

Due to signature limitations I have moved drop items lists to my new book.
Out2lunch
Griffa Grower

Re: How do YOU grow? Chapter 2- more new player help

Postby Out2lunch » Sun May 12, 2013 4:18 am

Another great post and a very useful guide to crafting.

I personally trim anywhere from planting to 40%, I don't think it matters along add the plant is in the soil.

I use the paint balling rumble 2 fingers quickly alternating on the screen. I average 4 trim drops per plant this way, drops keep coming after over trim is achieved often.

Please use Charvels referral code
Referral Code FMYNFRHY gain bonus' now!

Overgrown What plants drop
Strains Guide

Beta Devices - Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy S3

Support@weed-farmer.com
Charvel
Bud Breeder

Postby Charvel » Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

Bump above spam
Feel free to use my referral code QAUYHSEV to receive in game bonus weed bucks!

How Do You Grow? Chapter ONE

How Do You Grow? Chapter TWO

Due to signature limitations I have moved drop items lists to my new book.
jj420hn
Green Gleaner

Postby jj420hn » Tue May 21, 2013 3:10 am

How does one raise their grow skill?
Out2lunch
Griffa Grower

Postby Out2lunch » Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 am

jj420hn wrote:How does one raise their grow skill?

The more seeds you plant and harvest the greater your skill.

It roughly works out 1 grow point for every 10 seedlings planted/harvested.

:hippie:
Referral Code FMYNFRHY gain bonus' now!

Overgrown What plants drop
Strains Guide

Beta Devices - Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy S3

Support@weed-farmer.com
jj420hn
Green Gleaner

Postby jj420hn » Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Return to “Weed Farmer Discussion”