What strains do you grow in the real world?

A place for conversation unrelated to Weed Farmer.
RevBob
Cannabis Clodhopper

What strains do you grow in the real world?

Postby RevBob » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:21 am

Howdy folks, I know a lot of you, like myself, grow weed in the real world. Weather it's for medicinal or just to help you keep your calm pet-like demeanor, doesn't matter. We all like weed or we wouldn't be playing this cool game. Anyway, just curious what you are currently growing and maybe some of your favorites from the past. I'll get the stone rolling.....
I'm currently working with Granddaddy Purple, Mendacino Purple, Blue Mystic, Banana Kush, Jack The Ripper, Medicine Man, and Master Perm. I love them all but my favorite out of these is the Banana Kush. Tested at a little over 22% THC levels, this strain is great for chronic pain relief. A heavy indica most folks should smoke at night. Too much will knock you out. Jack The Ripper and Master Perm are great daytime strains. Give you plenty of energy to get things done, but that feeling like you're just starting a good acid trip. Fun strains for daytime activity. My personal all time favorite strain would be Jack Herer. Not all these psyudo hybrids that call themselves Jack Herer, but the real original Jack Herer. The one that took 14 to 16 weeks to flower. Best smoke I've ever tasted and well worth the wait. My favorite strain from the past? Rainbow Columbian. Five bong hits were guaranteed black out. Tasted like sweet candy with the musty hint of earth. Colors were gold, red, Orange, blue and purple. Beautiful! Price? $35 an ounce in 1976.

OK, you get the idea! What are you growing? What are your favorites and why?
Out2lunch
Griffa Grower

Re: What strains do you grow in the real world?

Postby Out2lunch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:40 am

I'm not currently growing anything as we moved house recently so there isn't room for a grow room ATM. Hoping to put a new she'd in this spring.

In the past I've grown Maui Woui, Trainwreck, Blueberry, Bubblegum, Maple Leaf Indica, Nevils Haze, Skunk #1, Northern Lights and my favorite Strawberry Cough.

:hippie:
Referral Code FMYNFRHY gain bonus' now!

Overgrown What plants drop
Strains Guide

Beta Devices - Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy S3

Support@weed-farmer.com
RevBob
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby RevBob » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 am

In my neck of the woods somebody recently crossed the Strawberry Cough with a Haze variety. Very nice! The Haze tightened up the buds on the Strawberry side. A little more density and bulk, plus you get the Strawberry fruitiness with a nice spicy twang from the Haze.
Out2lunch
Griffa Grower

Postby Out2lunch » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 am

Wow I would like to get me a clone if that. Haze and Cough could there be a better variety.YUM!!!

:hippie:
Referral Code FMYNFRHY gain bonus' now!

Overgrown What plants drop
Strains Guide

Beta Devices - Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy S3

Support@weed-farmer.com
RevBob
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby RevBob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Well gee Out2Lunch, I thought with all the weed bragging in the forums lots of people would want to chat about what they grow. Apparently, you and I are the only two who actually grow weed in the real world. That is sad... All the rest of you should take up home cultivation. It's a great hobby.
RevBob
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby RevBob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 am

Wow! Sounds like a cool set up. I'm envious! I had a real nice grow that I had a little over $10,000 invested in. Unfortunately, it was shut down by the North Metro Task Force and proudly earned me a felony conviction. Now I have a smaller grow, but it is all legal. I've been a medicinal patient/caregivers for the last seven years now. I have about $4000 invested in my current set up and it works very well.
As far as nutrient? I would have to say Dutch Master is my favorite for hydro, and Foxfarm is my favorite for soil mix.I' ve tried a lot of fertalizer, but those two I've had the best luck with. I do use General Hydroponic Banana sweetner on my Banana Kush.
Jack Herer???? The real Jack Herer??? Not all the fake hybrids, Jack Flash and whatever else they're calling it, but the real Jack Herer that takes 14 to 16 weeks to flower? It's one of the best top 3 stverains that I have ever smoked. I love it. I wish I could find cuttings or seeds of it. Amazing taste, incredible high! If you've got the real thing, you're in for a treat!
Been sitting here smoking a new Blackberry x OG Kush tonight. Great flavor. Sort of a dark berry thing goin' on. Very nice body relief too!
Thanx for putting your 2 cents worth in on my post. Appreciate the input!
UpstateDank
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby UpstateDank » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Hey!!!,another person who knows "BlackxKush" ,
a really heavy yielding strain,if grown to a foot and flowerd "also FIM'ed at 4th node",produced over 3/4 Pd dry Wt, one of the best strains IMO,other than a orig strain of DJ Shorts BlueBerry,,, :buggedout:
RevBob
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby RevBob » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah, I really liked the Blackberry Kush. I wish I could find some cuttings or seeds of it.
UpstateDank
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby UpstateDank » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 am

RevBob wrote: wish I could find some cuttings or seeds of it.

If ur in "Colo" ,u cant find it?????.......Hmmmmm :D :?:
UpstateDank
Cannabis Clodhopper

Postby UpstateDank » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Damn all u Med Canna pepole are lucky,wish i could get a card to grow medicine!....
up here in the armpit of NYS we have lots of Top Strains Growz,but alot of breedin goin on due to climate here for outdoorz kina short seasons"frosty",but most here is indooorz and crazy,...
lots have been stablized such as

Gasoline Diesel - " Real NY Diesel x Skunk#1 ".....stuff been round fer few years ,but outdoorish.. :roll: ..stinks to high heaven,,,,,
Adirondack Lights - Unknown Indica strain crossed with circa 1991 Sensiseedz NL#5".....a common strain round theze partz,but kinda unknown outside of the North East..

I tend to like Indicas due to the time constraints"weather here",sativas have a real hard time up here due to our frosts...most indoorz are round all the time......

Next a DWC set-up with a very very interteresting clone/Mommy....lol,from out west.....\

Ok im ramblin now...... :bong1:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”