need help

Converse with other growers about your crops, cash and gear while sharing tips.
kindBudKittie
Leaf Laborer

need help

Postby kindBudKittie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 am

{1} how do i know when to water? gow has a water meter.
{2} what does water: 2, light: 2 mean? dirtweed is 1 and 1, what do i do for the plants that are 2 and 2.
{3} each of the 4 plants in grow room have different percentages. why? and when i bought 4 ferts, they went to only 1 plant. will this change where i can buy for each separate plant?
{4} please explain the different gizmos and equipment, what would be best and why.
{5} a page listing the symbols and icons with their meaning would be helpful.
i appreciate any and all help you can give to make me an awesome grower.

peace@420
peace@420
kindBudkittie
BUDZ
Tree Tiller

Re: need help

Postby BUDZ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. ALOT OF US ARE, RUNNING FROM GARDENOFWEEDEN TO YOUR GAME AND WILL COMPARE IT. GOW WAS EASY TO LEARN. SO HELPING OUT SOMEHOW? WOULD KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY. LETS CRUSH GOW!!! EVERYDAY I GO THREE TIMES A DAY TO GOW AND SEND ALL MY FRIENDS HERE. I THANK YOU GUYS FOR WORKING SO HARD
Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Brother Floyd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:58 pm

kindBudKittie wrote:{1} how do i know when to water? gow has a water meter.
{2} what does water: 2, light: 2 mean? dirtweed is 1 and 1, what do i do for the plants that are 2 and 2.
{3} each of the 4 plants in grow room have different percentages. why? and when i bought 4 ferts, they went to only 1 plant. will this change where i can buy for each separate plant?
{4} please explain the different gizmos and equipment, what would be best and why.
{5} a page listing the symbols and icons with their meaning would be helpful.

1) Water supplied to the plants which is critical for their growth is handled by the pump and reservoir equipment you have installed in the grow room screen. The spray bottle item which also allows watering when viewing a veg/flower plant in the plant sideview screen, is not mandatory for a plant's grow rather it provides a chance to get a buff when using, removes the dehydration curse and provides one level of dehydration resistance.

2) The yellow and blue sets of numbers in the grow room screen provide information on how much light and water is available based on the equipment you have installed in that plot. For instance each dirtweed plant needs 1 water and 1 light amount. If you install the starting light setup, pump and reservoir you provided with at the start of the game you will have 4 light and 6 water amounts available. After planting four dirtweed plants in the grow room plot your stats will look like this:

light 4/4 water 4/6

3) Percentages of completion, quality and yield vary by plant strain in addition to being able to be changed on a plant to plant basis caused by equipment you have installed, consumables such as fertilizer you may have used and non-consumable items such as the spray bottle you also may have used.

4) Installable in grow room parcel equipment and gizmos, with in relation to the ones which are currently in game, are all pretty basic in what they provide. Necessary abilities such as light and water which is critical for growing plants, with more advanced strains requiring more light and water resulting in the need for more expensive equipment as it provides more water and light. Certain equipment will speed up growth, but installing reduces the ability of installing vital equipment that provides the needed light and water. If you select and then touch equipment and other items in your farm's supply screen or in the shops, you will be provided with a popup showing information about that item.

5) Yes more information does need to be provided on the web about everything. We do have a wiki setup at http://wiki.weedfarmerforum.com As we are still beta and balancing of abilities provided by all items is still left to be done, I am waiting on this phase to complete before including detailed item information on the wiki.

Hope that helps some to explain particular aspects of the game. We're trying to give as much depth as possible to a casual growing game. While this adds longevity to the gameplay experience it is at the cost of a growing learning curve which we are working towards reducing the initial early stages of.

Happy Growing!
Brother Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Brother Floyd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

BUDZ wrote:THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. ALOT OF US ARE, RUNNING FROM GARDENOFWEEDEN TO YOUR GAME AND WILL COMPARE IT. GOW WAS EASY TO LEARN. SO HELPING OUT SOMEHOW? WOULD KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY. LETS CRUSH GOW!!! EVERYDAY I GO THREE TIMES A DAY TO GOW AND SEND ALL MY FRIENDS HERE. I THANK YOU GUYS FOR WORKING SO HARD

First off thank you Budz for spreading the word about the game. As for the learning about the particulars of playing Weed Farmer, currently we have the following resources available:

Growing Guides at http://www.weed-farmer.com/guides.html
(also available in game at the start screen by touching the HOW TO PLAY button)

About Summary available by touching the ABOUT button on the start screen.

Wiki at http://wiki.weedfarmerforum.com
Right now doesn't have much information, I will begin posting detailed data on the game, strains and all items once balancing the effects, plagues, etc. has been completed (sometime in the future during the open beta).

...and this forum which you are using.
BUDZ
Tree Tiller

Postby BUDZ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Thank You Brother Floyd
kindBudKittie
Leaf Laborer

Postby kindBudKittie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 pm

thank you brother floyd. your answers helped alot. i am learning as i go through trial and error, also getting help from the other players. I'm really having fun and that should be the whole point of the game!!
peace@420
peace@420
kindBudkittie
Skittlez
Bud Breeder

Postby Skittlez » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey kbk, if you need help, let me know I can help out too. You know where to find me.
(¯`v´¯).
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.
Sarah Marie AKA Skittlez
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ ..•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

Return to “Weed Farmer Discussion”