A New Year . . .

Official news about game, updates and changes.
Brother Franklin
Site Admin

A New Year . . .

Postby Brother Franklin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Greetings Weed Farmers and Happy New Year. It's been really hectic over here at the Grow Brothers and in a later post we'll let you know what's been going on. For now, I wanted to share some thoughts about Weed Farmer Overgrown.

Some people think we did a pure money-grab by creating Weed Farmer Overgrown and not by expanding Weed Farmer Classic. I want to set the record straight: Weed Farmer Classic was not designed or created in such a way as to support easy expansion. The code, the art, and servers were all kludged to get it out the door as fast as possible as we had no idea if it would be a commercial success. Once it started to take-off, and we tried to make changes and update it, it became VERY clear to us that it would be all but impossible. Our early adopters can attest to the issues we had when Weed Farmer Classic was young. The only option for us was to recreate all the code base from scratch, and reorganize the server infrastructure in such a way as to allow easy updating and modification (OK, not easy, but at least possible). This took a lot longer that we thought it would. Along the way, we had many bumps along the road relating to lost revenue, piracy, hackers, Google Play removing us from the Play listings, and much more. Sad to say, we also lost a couple of Grow Brothers during this time, including a founder, Brother Floyd. Additionally, I also went through a very hard time personally for the last half of 2012, which made doing all that needed to be done even more difficult. Through it all we managed to keep the servers running, updates coming out (though not as fast as we would like), and things in general continue to move forward. I personally apologize for all the delays in updates and customer support and during this new year, I aim to set everything right.

Thanks to all our customers for their patience and support as we emerge through our first set of trails-by-fire that all young companies face, especially ones that are boot-strapped like ours.

Your friend in Weed Farming,

Brother Franklin

Return to “Announcements & Notifications”